Wednesday, April 04, 2007



This is part of a WIP inspired by Kristin's sister's embroidered jeans jackets. It had been many years since I had done any embroidery, and after looking at Krisitin's blog, I couldn't wait to get started. I dug into my closet and found a favorite chambray shirt that I no longer wore because it had found a stain somewhere and began embellishing. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this during the 70's! I have added a double eagle to one shoulder, this celtic bird to the other, foliage to the pocket flaps and a winged heart to the back yoke, and it's still a WIP. What fun! My husband loved watching the images grow, and checks the shirt often to see what has been added. I wore it to school and everyone oohed and aahed. I think some of them were inspired to pick up needles and floss again as well. Thanks Kristin for unselfishly sharing and inspiring everyone around you, the most desirable qualities of a true teacher.

1 comment:

Kristin Nicholas said...

Wow - I can't wait to see all the designs you have written about! Wait til my sister Lynn sees this - she will be really happy she inspired someone else to stitch!