Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Stitchalong Begins

I know there are many stitchers out there who have discovered the joy of hand-embroidery. I have been lucky to have two books published which feature my stitchery designs. I loved doing these books, developing the projects, working with the threads and the fabrics. I feel fortunate to have had this opportunity to share with others a craft I have enjoyed since I was a young girl.

I have heard from so many people who are having fun learning and creating with stitchery. I thought it would be fun to have a forum to share the colorful hand-stitched projects you all are making. I hope you'll join me soon.



6 comments:

ellen said...

Glad to be on board!

Anonymous said...

What is a stitchalong? I have the book and love it!

ellen said...

Wow, it's growing. I am excited, but a bit confused as I am not a blogger, nor am I technically "with it." I am just so glad that people are responding, and so appreciative of what you do Kristin. I revisited your book today and I am glued onto page 8 for inspiration for a new project. Everything that people have been sending in is so beautiful. Isn't this FUN?

Anonymous said...

I think I'm on board. I also am not a blogger and thought I joined the stitchalong this afternoon when I posted my quilt picture but now find these comments.

Is this two different things?

Anyway, I'm waiting for the arrival of Kristin's book probably tomorrow.

I grew up doing all kinds of needlework so am excited to re-establish this skill in a new forum. I love the cover of Kristin's book.

Anonymous said...

OK. I'm slow, but not dead. LOL. I figured out the 'comments' vs. the actual posts. REad all the comments. I see how it works. Now am anxious to see what everyone new will show us in their projects.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy I jumped over here from Monicas just to say hello...sounds like you are working on a quilt with Sis Boom Fabrics so I wanted to thank you sooo much...
I love all your embroidery and use of felt...toooo fun..all my best, Jennifer