Thursday, January 25, 2007

Garden Party Tote



It only took me, what?--four months? I finally got a project done. This is a knitted, felted tote using Chuckanut Bay Perendale wool in two colors. The green sections are actually little two-stitch cables. I embroidered lazy daisy flowers all over and used small white seed beads for the centers.

I discovered when it was done that this tote is "high-school worthy" as my 9th grader would say. She immediately asked if she could have it. My 4th grader also wanted it, so I told them they'd either have to each knit their own or share this one because I don't have time right now to make another one.

Thanks, Kristen. This was such a fun project and if I didn't have 50 other things to do this week I WOULD make another one!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it! You used great, fun colors. YEAH! I can see my 17 year old running off with that if she had half a chance.

Janet Szabo said...

KRISTIN, I am so sorry I misspelled your name. It's been one of those weeks.

Paula, thanks. So far the girls have been good about sharing the bag.

Ellen said...

Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous! Words escape me. I would love to make one like that! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! when you have time, I would like one as well. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great work. Good colors, cute design, I'd steal it too if you lived close!

kate said...

Janet- it is Beautiful!!! Good job!

Kristin said...

Isn't it amazing how something as simple as "lazy daisy" stitch can make something look so darn cute. Beautiful job.

Kel said...

I've seen a lot of the knitted purses, this is by far the cutest I've seen. Just beautiful !!

Joanneke said...

I love the bag! Where did you get the pattern? Is this one of Kristen's pattern's? Thanks!