Thursday, December 14, 2006

Funky Flower Pillow

Greetings from rural Mexico, where there is plenty of time for stitching! Here's is my first embroidery project, inspired by Colorful Stitchery. It's my own freehand design made from the only suit-weight wool they were selling here at the time, and some generic embroidery floss. My camera wouldn't permit the focused, up-close photo, but the general idea comes through. The purple is done in satin stitch and the inner leaves are laid stitch (chocolate brown with ecru crosses.) I can't wait to get my hands on some persian wool when I get back to the states! My next project will be one of Kristin's stitchery kits, "Quirky Crewel." Until then, my time will be spent frantically knitting the remaining Christmas gifts for the family!

3 comments:

kneek said...

I love the design. Fantastic motif.

togbean said...

That is gorgeous! Great job.

Kristin said...

This is so beautiful - and I love the sari in the backdrop. I can't wait to see what you do w/ the Persian wool.