Sunday, December 10, 2006

Embroidered Jeans




Hi my name is Olivia. I am Kristin's 14-year-old niece. I embroidered these jeans when I was twelve. I used embroidery floss that you can buy at any craft store. I came up with the design as I went, but it is probably easier to use transfer paper or a disappearing marker to sketch your design first. Some of the stitches that I used were the blanket stitch, the spider stitch, the outline stitch, French knots, the satin stitch, and the lazy daisy. If you are planning to embroider jeans, I recommend using a thimble while stitching, because it can be hard to get through the thick fabric. I really enjoyed doing these jeans, because I was able to show them to my friends and many people asked me if I bought them like that.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

cute olivia!
love julia

Holly said...

*love* them. Thanks for the inspiration, Olivia.

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I might do some of that on my grandaughter's jeans at Christmas visit!

Anonymous said...

They look great - well done you.